Dates: 1 & 2 September
We are back with another exciting Scottish challenge and this time we have more options than ever before! Choose from cycling on the 5 Ferry Challenge, climb Goatfell, or do both!
Take on the 'Reverse 5 Ferry Challenge’, an exhilarating journey through some of Scotland's most breath-taking scenery, incorporating 4 cycling sections and 5 ferry crossings in and around North Kintyre and the Firth of Clyde. Starting at Wemyss Bay and ending at Brodick, you’ll visit the beautiful islands of Bute and Arran on this 53.5mile cycle! See itinerary here.
Watch our video from last year’s 5 Ferry Challenge!
Climb Goatfell, Arran's highest peak at 2,867 feet! At just 134 feet short of a Munro, Goatfell is one of Scotland’s most popular peaks with stunning views across the island and on a clear day, across to Ben Lomond, Jura and the coast of Ireland. Admire stunning views and rugged mountain landscapes on this climb.
For the more adventurous, try both the 5 Ferry & Goatfell challenges, with an overnight stay on the isle of Arran!
Which event will you choose?
- Challenge 1: 5 Ferry Challenge only (1 Sept)
- Challenge 2: Goatfell climb only (2 Sept)
- Challenge 3: 5 Ferry Challenge and Goatfell Climb the next day (1 and 2 Sept)
Meeting point and getting there:
Participants will make their own way to Wemyss Bay Ferry Terminal before catching the ferry to Rothesay with the group. Wemyss Bay is easily accessible from Glasgow Central station in 50 minutes.
- For the cycle only OR climb only, we ask each participant to raise a minimum of £200 sponsorship (£150 for under 18's).
- For the combined 5 Ferry Cycle and Goatfell climb we ask you to raise a minimum of £350 sponsorship.
You'll find once you start fundraising you will easily surpass this target! We are very happy to help you with fundraising advice.
- For 5 Ferry Challenge only: Your 'Hopscotch island hopper' ferry pass, lunch, snacks and fish and chips are included.
- For the 5 Ferry & Goatfell Climb: Your 'Hopscotch island hopper' ferry pass, lunch, snacks and fish and chips and your overnight stay at Lochranza Hostel are included
- For the Goatfell climb only: your return ferry tickets to Arran, lunch and snacks are included.
Early bird registration fee of £25 until 30 April (£30 thereafter). (Registration fee is non-refundable).
If you have any questions, please ask us below.