Join us for Scotland’s biggest women-only running event on Sunday 5th June, which sees thousands of women from all walks of life hit the streets of Glasgow for a fun day out filled with laughter, achievement and celebration.
In our 175th anniversary year EMMS International is prioritising gender issues. Just being born female in areas of rural India presents a significant risk to life and a low societal status and most become mothers at between 12 and 14 years old. Providing women and girls in Northern India with basic healthcare means tackling mistaken beliefs and practices through community care and education.
At our partner hospitals in Northern India girls are welcome. They have equal access to good healthcare and each one is cared for.
£2,620 could fund a General Nursing Midwife to provide care to change to the lives of thousands of women and their babies in India.
Show your solidarity and support for women in some of the poorest communities through raising sponsorship to help to provide effective health education to tackle the injustices girls face today. You can give them a voice and show them they are valued.
What you get when you sign up for EMMS:
- An EMMS t-shirt
- a welcome pack full of fundraising and training advice
- a training plan and top tips
- support and advice from a dedicated member of the team
- regular newsletters and emails to keep you updated
- fundraising materials
- Date: 5th June 2016
- Location: Run through some of Glasgow's most scenic parks
- Activity: 10k run
- Registration price: £26
- Minimum sponsorship: Just £175 sponsorship gives health and hope to girls in some of the world’s poorest communities. (Just 15 participants raising £175 each could fund one General Nursing Midwife)
Please register your interest on the form below.