Published 09 Feb 2017
Last month Prayer Points focused on looking at the wider work of EMMS International, giving thanks for past blessings over the last 175 years and looking forward to what God has in store for the future. This month, current staff were asked for things that they themselves were currently burdened to pray about. Let us join with the staff in praying.
- For all the things that we are blessed with living in Scotland;
- For healing of friends and colleagues;
- For the daily opportunity to make a lasting difference to the lives of people across the world;
- For the amazing way God has blessed the work of EMMS, and multiplied the efforts of our supporters and the team. Give praise and thanks that almost 200,000 were supported last year;
- For the publication of part EMMS-funded research into the need for Children’s Palliative Care;
- For such a committed and hard-working team;
- A successful event at the Scottish parliament to raise the profile of EMMS, and engage people of all faiths in responding to the need for Children’s Palliative Care, by committing to the “Religions of the World Charter for Children’s Palliative Care”. This will be the first such event in the world, since the charter was agreed and signed at the Vatican last year. Pray that it will lead to new relationships, strengthening of old ones, and that it will bring glory to God.
Please pray for
- A successful conclusion to visits to our projects and partners in Malawi;
- Success for the concept proposals we are putting to some government donors;
- Friends and family burdened with illness;
- The new trustees that will be joining the Board in February. Also give thanks that we have been blessed with a strong Board, with a wide range of skills and expertise;
- The Indian Palliative Care Conference, that it will lead to further strengthening and support of palliative care there;
- The food crisis in Malawi, and Eastern Africa.