This project lays the foundations to grow palliative care provision across Malawi.
In partnership with the Palliative Care Support Trust (PCST), Mulanje Mission Hospital and Nkhoma Mission Hospital this project aims to improve the care for those living with progressive, life-limiting illnesses by:
- Improving the education of specialist healthcare workers through the development of a BSc in palliative care.
- Developing the skills of frontline workers and volunteers through a continuous professional development programme.
- Facilitating training through placements at hospitals which are operating as centres of excellence.
- Working as part of a national taskforce to implement the Ministry of Health's palliative care strategy.
- Setting up a specialist research centre.