We are working with Prem Jyoti Community Hospital to improve healthcare for mothers and babies.
This project aims to reduce the number of preventable deaths by:
- Developing standardised care for all mothers who deliver at Prem Jyoti, and their babies.
- Ensuring pregnant women who need extra care are referred to Prem Jyoti as soon as possible and with appropriate prior treatment.
- Working with local clinics and running mobile clinics to provide integrated maternal and child health care.
- Recruiting and training Community Health Volunteers to raise awareness of health issues.
- Setting up women’s groups in Malto villages to provide care and support in the community.